Becoming an AFA EIC specialist provides dementia care professionals a unique and valuable opportunity to promote national standards of excellence in dementia care in their local communities, develop professionally, network, and earn supplemental income.
An applicant must:
- Have at least three years of recent experience in dementia care (e.g., social workers, nurses, administrators, program directors/coordinators, geriatric care managers);
- Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and/or current license in their state.
- Complete an application form
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae
- Interview with AFA’s director of educational and social services
- Submit required fees
AFA will review all completed applications and notify applicants of acceptance. AFA’s director of educational and social services will coordinate with accepted applicants to arrange attendance of a mandatory webinar on EIC program protocols and procedures. Applicants who successfully complete the webinar, and AFA’s Partners in Care training program will receive final approval from AFA and designated an AFA Excellence in Care specialist.