Participating in AFA’s EIC program as an EIC Specialist provides professionals in the field of dementia care with a unique and valuable opportunity to promote national standards of dementia care in their local communities, develop professionally, network, and earn supplemental income. Organizations and companies can request key staff and/or consultants to apply to become EIC Specialists. Geriatric care managers and other dementia care professionals who work independently are also encouraged to apply.
An applicant must:
- Have at least three years of recent experience in dementia care (e.g., social workers, nurses, administrators, program directors/coordinators, geriatric care managers);
- Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and/or current license in their state.
Interested professionals can apply by:
- Completing an application form
- Submitting a resume/curriculum vitae;
- Participating in a telephone interview with AFA;
- Submitting a training/qualification fee (see Fees and Compensation section below)
Note: AFA is not currently accepting applications for EIC specialists at this time.
AFA will review all complete applications and notify applications regarding admissions decisions.
We will coordinate with accepted applicants to arrange attendance of a mandatory one-day training on program protocols and procedures. AFA will conduct regional trainings in order to minimize travel for the specialists. Participants will cover all costs associated with traveling to the required training site, including transportation, accommodations, and meals. Successful completion of the training program and final approval from AFA leads to qualification as an AFA Excellence in Care Specialist.