The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America (AFA) strives to provide optimal care and services to individuals living with dementia, care partners, and care professionals. In pursuit of this mission, AFA has developed the Excellence in Care: Dementia Care Program of Distinction. The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America seeks to partner with care facilities across the nation to establish a standard of Care; specifically for individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia related illnesses.
The Excellence in Care program consists of a set of principles that reflect vital elements of best dementia care practices. In addition to these principles, AFA connections the participating care facility with an trained EIC specialist to perform on site evaluation and assessment on strategies to achieve these standards for quality care.
Once successfully passing the on site evaluation, your organization will receive an Excellence in Care: Dementia Care Program of Distinction Plaque and you will have access to a number of benefits including:
- Ability to provide optimal care to best meet the needs of individuals living with dementia in your community
- Serve as a resource for families selecting care settings for their loved ones. If a facility has the status of Alzheimer’s Foundation of America Excellence in Care Dementia Program of Distinction, families know that the care setting has voluntarily gone through the Excellence in Care evaluation process and has met AFA’s national standard of excellence.
- Provide visibility through this distinction and give your organization an edge over the competition, through listing on AFA’s excellence in care website and use of the Excellence in Care distinction status on marketing materials
- Retain and recruit staff through ongoing and comprehensive educational training
- Full utilization of all of AFA resources. If you have any questions or concerns about Alzheimer ’s disease and related dementias, our licensed social workers are here to help you and your organization with any questions that may arise. AFA’s National Toll Free Helpline is available, in English and Spanish, from 9am-9pm EST at 866-232-8484.